Tuesday 8 January 2013

Ode on flour

Dear . flour,

You are in all kinds of foods I love to eat.
You can be all kinds of breads, all kinds of noodles, and all kinds of snacks.
When you are a bread, I drink mild together with you and it's delicious.
When you are noodles, I eat soup together with you and it's flavorful.
When you are snacks, I eat nothing with you and it's perfect.



Flour is just like a beautiful flower.
Flower makes my nose happy.
Flour makes my mouth happy.
Wheat flour is just like a white snow.
When the snow falls, it becomes a toy of mine.
When you arrive in the kitchen, you become a prey of mine.

Sometimes, I am worried because I love you too much.
If you and I are always together, it's not good for me.
Sometimes you make me lose my self-control.
That's why I am making an endeavor to eat less of you.
So please understand me and don't be disappointed.

I am also always thankful to you.
Because you make me full and filled with joy.
My father and grandmother like you, too.
Don't forget we are your old and good friends.
Always.

From . Aerim.

4 comments:

  1. Aerim,
    This is a very well-written ode. You used metaphors and repetition in the ode which was very effective. You also used descriptive language. Try to add personifications next time. Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    This is a very nice ode to the flour. It is a creative subject to write an ode. You made good use of the pictures and descriptive language. Keep up the good work~

    -Yongwook, Oh (Writing TA)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a nice ode!
    I can realize why you got the prize.
    Nice to meet you!

    -Seonghun

    ReplyDelete